cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9020 and NPIV compatibility

stevegallagher
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the 9020(Ver 2.1) will communicate with a device using NPIV?(HP Virtual Connect FC module.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NPIV is supported on a Cisco 9124e and can be ISL'd to a 9020 if you'd like. On the Cisco 9124e, the 4 or 8 fabric facing ports are E ports allowing you to ISL or Port Channel them to your 9020.

I found 2 PDF documents that explain all of this and I've attached a text file with the link's onto this reply along with page references.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mfrase
Level 1
Level 1

The Core switch (in this case the 9020) needs to support NPIV to connect too into HP VC. The 9020 does not support NPIV.

Thanks. If a newer device(9124) were added to the storage network, could a device using NPIV be attached to it(9124) and still communicate the storage array through ISL port to the 9020s?

NPIV is supported on a Cisco 9124e and can be ISL'd to a 9020 if you'd like. On the Cisco 9124e, the 4 or 8 fabric facing ports are E ports allowing you to ISL or Port Channel them to your 9020.

I found 2 PDF documents that explain all of this and I've attached a text file with the link's onto this reply along with page references.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I think this gives me the work around I needed.

Take Care!!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: