cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 win serv 2003 - no exch serv 2003 disk

HoustonG33K
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing Unity 4.2 we did not recieve our exchange server 2003 disk on time. I have to install this in the next day and the software won't be here until next week. I'm installing unity w/ a partner exchange box w/ no failover.

Q: can I use the customers disk? all I need is the admin tools right?

Thanks ahead of time.

Donnie

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mdfull2
Level 1
Level 1

I am pretty sure you will be just fine using the customers discs to install the Exchange tools on Unity.

View solution in original post

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you should be good to use the customer's disk and that will not cause any issue. At the same time, to ensure that you get the Exchange 2003 CD, if ordered, them please open a TAC case for the same to be RMA'ed to you. Also, incase this is Unified Messaging, then I dont think Cisco would ship Exch 2003, as for this to work, you need to have a running Exchange server and Unity would only need Management tools, which can be installed using the customer's CD as well

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mdfull2
Level 1
Level 1

I am pretty sure you will be just fine using the customers discs to install the Exchange tools on Unity.

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you should be good to use the customer's disk and that will not cause any issue. At the same time, to ensure that you get the Exchange 2003 CD, if ordered, them please open a TAC case for the same to be RMA'ed to you. Also, incase this is Unified Messaging, then I dont think Cisco would ship Exch 2003, as for this to work, you need to have a running Exchange server and Unity would only need Management tools, which can be installed using the customer's CD as well