cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2651 router shows no hardware in my "show ver"

tcboydston
Level 1
Level 1

When I do a "show ver" on my 2651 router I cannot see my fast ethernet interfaces or my T1 interfaces. Also when I try a "show dir" command I recieve this error "%Error parsing (Bad file number)"

I am not sure what to check at this point.

Thanks

Tom

7 Replies 7

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Tom,

Most liekly its a Bad router, you need to get it RMA'd.

Regards,

~Jg

Also please try to upgrade first, as it could be due to IOS bug.

Tom

I have a somewhat different approach than Jagdeep. I have a hard time seeing this as a "bug" but I do suspect that the IOS image that you loaded and are running is not the correct image for this platform.

It would be very helpful if you would post the output of show version. And perhaps also the output of show flash.

And perhaps there is the possibility that ALL of the cards are not properly seated and therefore not recognized. Can you power down, remove, and reseat the interface cards, and boot again?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the reply.

I reseated the interface cards. But the router does not even see the fast ethernet interface.

Atteched is the show ver. I recieved an error invalid input when I tried the sh flash. I also attached the boot sequence.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom

Tom

This is quite strange. I might try removing all the cards and reboot and see what happens then and then 1 at a time insert cards and reboot and see if there is any improvement.

Otherwise I would suggest that the next step is probably opening a case with TAC.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Now that I opened the cover to the router it looks like the flash simm mem module is gone. This router was not in production but I am trying to use it at one of my sites. Not sure how or who could have removed the simm, but I am guessing that could be my problem.

Thanks for all your help

Tom

Tom

Thanks for updating and telling us what you found. I am guessing that this is the source of the problem. I am a bit surprised and would have expected different symptoms if the memory module is gone. But certainly getting that fixed is important.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: