crc errors on a giabit ethernet interface

Unanswered Question
Aug 22nd, 2007

Hi,

We have got a Cisco 7206 VXR directly connected to a Cisco 4506 switch via a gigabit ethernet link. On the 7206 VXR end I am seeing a lot of input = crc errors. There is no intervening device i.e the two are just connected via a multimode fibre to multimode gbics and the duplex/speed negotiation is good. There are no collissions or errors etc observed at the 4506 end. We have swapped the cable and the gbic (at the 7206 end), however the errors are still present. We will try hardcoding the two ends and swapping the gbic on the 4506. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I have noticed that on our 7206 VXR I get the following on a sh controllers output:

GBIC type is unknown 13

The ios is 7200 Software (C7200-JS-M), Version 12.3(22) which should not pose any issues in my opinion? The above crc errors are causing an eigrp neighbor instability between the two. It cannot be the configs as we have other devices in the network with similar configs and without any issues. Unfortunately we do not have a spare slot on the 7206 VXR for the gbic if it was the slot that was faulty.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion