Views
Helpful
Replies

pri isdn backup

imane
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have install a router 7200 with a serial and E1 interfaces.

i configure the dialer interface as a backup of serial interface, but whene i shutdown the serial the dialer stay in standby mode.

can any one help me pleaz

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

imane

Before you posted this question in this forum you posted the same question in the WAN Routing and Switching forum and it has received a couple of responses in the WAN forum. I suggest that any further discussion of this question be consolidated in the WAN forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

shillyar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

What interface do you have you back up interface under ? as once you use the back up interface that interface will always be in standby mode.

I guess a better question is it is not dialing when the orimary interface is down ? thus not comming out of standby ?

Thx Steve

Steve

The original post is pretty clear that he is doing a shutdown on the primary interface and expecting the backup to come out of standby status. It is clearly the behavior of IOS that it will NOT come out of standby if the primary is shutdown. It will only come out of standby if the primary goes protocol down (and not come out of standby for administratively down).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Can you paste the config of the 7200 ..

Thanks,

satish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: