Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 message - "%ESWMRVL_FLTMG-5-NOTICE: Notice: FPGA Rev 0x71"

Hi,

We have 3845 installed 06 months ago that never showed problems. And two days ago started to show instabilities ubtil this morning when stoped totaly. After rebboting it came back to normal but no logs before the boot where shown and after it rebooted only the above message I could not recognise:

"%ESWMRVL_FLTMG-5-NOTICE: Notice: FPGA Rev 0x71"

I thanks in advance for your help,

Rds,

Alex

Does anybody faced this kind of problem?

2 Replies 2

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Can you paste the "show tech " output of 3845.

Thanks,

satish

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

I was just called on a customer outage and after fixing it, I found this post after searching on same exact error

in my log, actually 2 of them, I will post below:

*Jan  6 17:49:53.531: %ESWMRVL_FLTMG-5-NOTICE: Notice: FPGA Rev 0x24

*Jan  6 17:49:53.671: %ESWMRVL_FLTMG-5-NOTICE: Notice: FPGA Rev 0x71

Other searches all show issues with HWIC cards and this router DOES have one, but the ONLY interface that stayed up, was actually on the HWIC, my motherboard based gig's to the core were down and sometimes showing 20 to 40% success rate in pinging the directly attached core switch in same rack.  Reboot did not help and due to success rate issue I simply replaced the gig0/0 cat5 cable (which I believe there is nothing wrong with) and all is normal again.  Interested to see what you see with that error.  I had upgraded this router's IOS about 90 days ago when there for a VoIP refresh and the upgrade failed due to that card not being supported in new IOS rev's so I am wondering if it's still a driver conflict of some sort and worth swapping out the chassis for one with more LAN so the hwic is no longer needed ??  Thoughts anyone ???  these only come from hwic routers ??

thanks in advance.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: