cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 doesn't respond

cmcelvain
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7935 IP conference station that doesn't respond. When powered on it will go through its usual boot sequence, obtaining an IP, and then it will say it cannot contact the TFTP server. Pressing menu has no effect or any other buttons for that matter and it doesn't respond to the reset key sequence of **#**. I've tried connected to a network and not connected, either way I can't get it to respond to anything. Is there anything else that I can try before labeling it a paperweight?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

With a 7935, if any of the keys are no longer responding, nothing can be done about it. I've seen multiple issues such cases, where the only option for a 7935, with no keypad response is RMA. So, if the phone is covered under a Contract or Warranty, then nothing can be done.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

With a 7935, if any of the keys are no longer responding, nothing can be done about it. I've seen multiple issues such cases, where the only option for a 7935, with no keypad response is RMA. So, if the phone is covered under a Contract or Warranty, then nothing can be done.

Hope this helps

Thanks, kind of figured that was the case. We got a tech here that still thinks he can bring it back to life, if he gets it working again I'll post what he did. If you don't hear back from me then he gave up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: