Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 OS Image

dallas_31
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I lost my os image due to the erase flash command. I have since downloaded the the bin file, however, I can not copy the image use XMODEM. I run the init_flash, the load_Helper, however, once I get to the switch: copy xmodem: flash:image_filename.bin and type out the file, and select receive file from the HyperTerminal transfer option, it returns an i/o error or max errors reached and it aborts. I have the hyperterminal set to 9600, 8-n-1 and hardware flow control.

Any ideas?

Thanks Dallas.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Here is the procedure.....you may need to format the flash..........

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_25_fx/configuration/guide/swtrbl.html

HTH

Shaheen

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dallas ,

Follow the below steps ,

1.Press the Mode button, and at the same time, reconnect the power cord to the switch.

You can release the Mode button a second or two after the LED above port 1 goes off. Several lines of information about the software appear along with instructions:

2.The system has been interrupted prior to initializing the flash file system. The following

commands will initialize the flash file system, and finish loading the operating system

software#

flash_init

load_helper

boot

3.Initialize the flash file system:

switch: flash_init

4.If you had set the console port speed to anything other than 9600, it has been reset to that particular speed. Change the emulation software line speed to match that of the switch console port.

Load any helper files:

switch: load_helper

5.Start the file transfer by using the Xmodem Protocol.

switch: copy xmodem: flash:image_filename.bin

After the Xmodem request appears, use the appropriate command on the terminal-emulation software to start the transfer and to copy the software image into flash memory.

6.Boot the newly downloaded Cisco IOS image.

switch:boot flash:image_filename.bin

Please paste the error which you are getting while loading the image.

Thanks,

satish

Hello Satish,

I have completed all of the above. When I have my bin file placed in a folder on my local drive, I get a "Transfer cancelled by remote system", when I place it on the desktop, I watch the HyperTerminal try and pick up the file, but after 9 "No packet" errors, it stop and a "Error limit exceeded" message appears in a pop up.

It is like it can't actually pick up the file at all.

Any ideas?

Dallas.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card