New ARCH exam - 642-873 - Study Materials?

Unanswered Question
Aug 23rd, 2007

The new ARCH exam - 642-873 - is available starting the 3rd of September which is rather soon. Cisco seems to be continuing the trend of putting out exams without materials on the horizen, I cannot find anything for the new exam, on Cisco or CiscoPress' website.

I could take the current exam, but would prefer the updated materials/exam. Does anyone know anything about self-study or exam certification guides coming out? Cisco doesn't even have a blueprint available for 642-873 out on their website yet.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
srue Thu, 08/23/2007 - 09:53

Ciscopress is a seperate entity from Cisco. They don't always, nor do they have to, coordinate release dates with textbooks and exams. it sucks, but that's the way it goes. I'd be surprised if they even release a new book for the exam.

You're more likely to see new study materials coming from the learning partners.

cyphur353 Thu, 08/23/2007 - 09:59

I understand CiscoPress is a seperate entity, I guess I didn't phrase my comment correctly. Sorry about that!

In any event, unless my employer sends me to a Global Knowledge course, I won't be attending. I've been to a few, and they are high quality courses, but their price reflects as much. So, CiscoPress books have been an invaluable resource to my studies.

cyphur353 Sat, 08/25/2007 - 06:23

I have still yet to find even an exam blueprint for the test - and it hits the shelves in 9 days. Don't want to study the old material as Cisco changed almost the entire exam from the tidbits I can find.

This is somewhat frustrating.

This Discussion