cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%Insufficient resources to create channel group

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i get this error when trying to fire up a t1 on a nm-dhv with a VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI= installed - one port of the t-1 card is in production. i also have these installed on the net module:

HDV SIMMs: Product (FRU) Number:

PVDM-12=

SIMM slot 0: PVDM-12 SIMM present.

SIMM slot 1: PVDM-12 SIMM present.

SIMM slot 2: PVDM-12 SIMM present.

SIMM slot 3: PVDM-12 SIMM present.

SIMM slot 4: PVDM-12 SIMM present.

complete error message:

config)#controller T1 1/1

(config-controller)#channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

Channel setup failed!!! s:t:c 1:1:0

HDV slot 1 DRAM size 524280 free 65149 need 124992

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm afraid you can only configure up to 32 HDLC channels. You already have 24 allocated in another T1 on the same NM, therefore you are left with 8.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_7/hdd_vfnm.htm#wp1027129

The IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice/Fax Network Module feature supports high-density digital voice and low-density analog voice connectivity along with data and integrated access connectivity. The network modules offer built-in T1/E1 ports, and include a single voice interface card (VIC)/voice WAN interface card (VWIC) slot for Foreign Exchange Station (FXS), Foreign Exchange Office (FXO), E&M, software-configured Centralized Automatic Message Accounting (CAMA), direct inward dialing (DID), BRI, or E1 and T1 cards, up to a maximum of four T1/E1 ports. The network modules also support up to 32 HDLC channels with an aggregate capacity of 2.048 Mbps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you try using

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

same thing.

(config)#controller t1 1/1

(config-controller)#channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

Channel setup failed!!! s:t:c 1:1:1

HDV slot 1 DRAM size 524280 free 65149 need 124992

(config-controller)#

Can you post the output from

show diag

and

show ver

attached.

thanks.

I'm afraid you can only configure up to 32 HDLC channels. You already have 24 allocated in another T1 on the same NM, therefore you are left with 8.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_7/hdd_vfnm.htm#wp1027129

The IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice/Fax Network Module feature supports high-density digital voice and low-density analog voice connectivity along with data and integrated access connectivity. The network modules offer built-in T1/E1 ports, and include a single voice interface card (VIC)/voice WAN interface card (VWIC) slot for Foreign Exchange Station (FXS), Foreign Exchange Office (FXO), E&M, software-configured Centralized Automatic Message Accounting (CAMA), direct inward dialing (DID), BRI, or E1 and T1 cards, up to a maximum of four T1/E1 ports. The network modules also support up to 32 HDLC channels with an aggregate capacity of 2.048 Mbps.

i have a nm-hdv2 in slot 2 - is that the difference b/t the hdv2 and hdv?

i'm reading the link above now.

thanks.

It's just a new version but it does not provide more channel capabilities than the previous version.

thanks for your help - i'm going to try an hdv2 in place of the hdv.

thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: