cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MS IAS RADIUS for WLC management authentication

kendo.igor
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use Microsoft IAS RADIUS server to authenticate to the web-based management interface of Wireless LAN Controller 4402? Is there a document available for that?

3 Replies 3

Has anyone gotten authentication for the HTTPS login to the management interface working through MS IAS?  I would rather use LDAP if someone knows how to do that, but in the WLC management interface, the only options for Security/Priority Order/Management User are TACACS, RADIUS, and Local.  Using RADIUS to authenticate the login to the management interface, would any attributes need to be set, because they appear to be for WLAN users;

WLAN-ID, QOS Level, DSCP Setting, 802.1p Tag, Interface Name, and ACL Name.  The document I'm using doesn't give a lot of guidance;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008082d5b5.shtml#C2

Hi,

you're looking too far away I think. Attributes are needed only if your user is a LobbyAdmin as far as I remember. Attributes are needed if you use tacacs though but I don't remember any for radius.

Just configure IAS to authenticate users and the WLC to have the IAS as radius server for management users. It should do the trick.

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card