cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I have been getting partial success warnings on a half dozen or so switches in CiscoWorks LMS RME. If I look at the log I get Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config. What exactly does this mean and what can I do to correct it? The full error is below.

Device: water-2950 Status: Partially Successful

*** Device Details for water-2950 ***

Protocol ==> Telnet

CM0062 Polling water-2950 for changes to configuration. CM063 Error polling for change on PRIMARY RUNNING config, not fetching the config. CM00 Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch. CM0061 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for water-2950, no change in configuration. CM0060 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for water-2950, version number 19 archived.

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME is this?

If you retry after increasing the job wait time using the option:Resource Manager Essentials -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings do you still see the error?

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a normal scenario, and appears to be working as designed. Polling cannot be done for vlan.dat changes. You should expect all switches that use vlan.dat to report this same thing. Drilling into the device as you have done here will tell you whether or not there was a real problem polling or fetching the config.

Ah, I see, you're also getting an error on polling for running config changes. there have been numerous problems with the CISCO-CONFIG-MAN-MIB is various releases of IOS. Walk the ccmHistoryRunningLastSaved object on this switch. What do you get? what version of IOS is it running?

How does one go about walking that specific MIB? I am running Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Fri 20-Jul-07 01:44 by nachen on a switch and cannot archive the configs. It is a brand new, out of the box switch and the newest IOS I could find.