cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail retrieval issue : busy tone

master001
Level 2
Level 2

I got a weird issue for just a specific extension number(let's say Ext.2222, it is fixed phone) here:

The caller may leave voice mail to that extension Ext.2222. Yet the user could not access the voice mail.

Everytime the user tries to access her voicemail and she gets busy signal.

Other extension don't have this issue. All extensions are fixed phones.

CCM 4.0

Unity 4.0(4)

I appreciate your post and comment.

Howard

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey Howard -

Does this happen only when the user presses the Messages button on the IP phone? Can the user from another phone, such as cell phone, dial into Unity access number and sign in to access voicemail OK? If so, I would suspect the IP phone's Calling search space or partition is not correct.

Ginger

Thank you for your reply.

Does this happen only when the user presses the Messages button on the IP phone?

----- I am not sure as the phone is located in remote site.

I checked that IP phone's CSS and partition already. They look good, same as other IP phones.

Before asking the user to test from another phone, any other configuration that I could modify?

Thanks again,

Howard

Hi Howard -

If you said the user wasn't getting voice messages, I would have you check the voicemail profile on the IP phone, directory number configuration. But you said that is working. I think having the user confirm access to voicemail from another phone, i.e. cell to test Unity's pilot number and sign-in process will eliminate Unity from the problem you are having. Also, trying dialing the Unity pilot number from the problem phone to see if Unity answers. You should get the Opening greeting.

Ginger

Hello Ginger,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Checked with the user, it is user's password issue. It is nothing to do with CCM/Unity configuration.

Thanks again.

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: