Views
Helpful
Replies

RME image location directory

mlopacinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have RME version 4.0.5. Everything installed on Solaris (SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-46 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R).

I've created directory:

/worksy_images which belongs to: casuser:casusers

Apache serving cisco works is working under casuser:casusers. But when i wanted to configure RME, and in ViewEditPreferences/Image Location typed: /worksy_images i received error:

"User Error: Invalid data directory. Recommended action: Verify that directory exists"

Why ? Directory exists.

Thanx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wonder if perhaps there is a disconnect between the UI and the backend. Shutdown dmgtd, and go to /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost and remove everything in that directory. Then restart dmgtd, and try to adjust the image location.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should work just fine. Is /worksy_images a mount point? If so, unmount the file system, then look at the permissions on /worksy_images. They should be 0755.

It was mount point but i also tried other directories. For example:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/scripts/swim/images

it belogns to casauser:casusers and has 0755 privs. But still the same problem.

To be more specific, when i want to apply i receive two exactly same errors in one window:

"User Error: Invalid data directory. Recommended action: Verify that directory exists"

in/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/swim_debug.log i found some info:

[ Fri Aug 24 09:07:50 MEST 2007 ],INFO ,[Ajp13Processor[9009][9]],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.swim.administration.AdminPreferences,setImagesDirectory,730,Into setImagesDirectory

[ Fri Aug 24 09:07:50 MEST 2007 ],INFO ,[Ajp13Processor[9009][9]],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.RepositoryAdminSvc,getRepository,?,Entered geRepository(). Get the repository object for null

[ Fri Aug 24 09:07:50 MEST 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][9]],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.common.FileManager,,?,User Error: Invalid data directory. Recommended Action: Verify that the directory exists.

[ Fri Aug 24 09:07:50 MEST 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][9]],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.RepositoryAdminSvc,getRepository,?,Caught Repository Exception. Error Message = com.cisco.nm.rmeng.repository.common.RepositoryException

What's wrong ?

I wonder if perhaps there is a disconnect between the UI and the backend. Shutdown dmgtd, and go to /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost and remove everything in that directory. Then restart dmgtd, and try to adjust the image location.

Hello

I solved this problem:

i need to have directory:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/repository

this is the only one which could "be found".

It's working fine right now:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco