cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7912G Technical problem

mariusstan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have 3 IP Phones 7912G, which work on SCCP, which suddenly present the next simptoms: the Hold button is red the Meniu button is green and the display of the phone is blank and shows nothing. The switch port still function. The phones arent register with CallManager. These simptoms arent described in cisco documentation. If someone have some documentation, ideas or useful links please give me. Thank you very much for your time.

4 Replies 4

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Before using Cisco IP Phone models 7902G, 7905G and 7912G with Cisco CallManager version 3.3(3) or later, you must install the latest firmware on all CallManager servers in the cluster. These are the firmware image names for Cisco IP Phones:

For 7902G: CP7902010202SCCP031217B

For 7905G: CP7905010202SCCP031217B

For 7912G: CP7912010202SCCP031217B

For more information on how to download this firmware, refer to Cisco IP Phone 7902G, 7905G, and 7912G Release Notes for Firmware Release 3.3(7) for Cisco CallManager Version 3.3.3 or Later.

Note: Both the specified IP phone firmware versions and the Cisco CallManager version 3.3 (or CallManager version 3.3[2] ES24 and earlier) are required to support the configuration through CallManager Administration configuration pages. To obtain an appropriate Engineering Special (ES), open a service request by referring to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Service Request Tool.

i had a similar problem when i placed a custom logo on a few 7912 phones. after reboot the phones just went dead (both light on). i checked the power in line stat on the swtich and saw it on 15 which wasnt good. never found out why but a lot of ppl mentioned giving an alternate TFTP path to solve the issue.

i replaced via smartnet. one thing though, i remember cutting over from a CME to A CCM once and a 7970 gave the same type of issue. i placed it back on the CME and it came back. then placed it back on the CCM and everything was fine. as mentioned in the above post, it most likely was a mistake on my part with respect to the firmware. none the less, i still had to replace the 7912 since it seemed as nothing could be done at that point in time.

Note also that there is a bug WRT logos and the 7912 on the 4.X. ill try to see if i can post it for later use.

Thank you

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: