cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat. 4510 Unexpected Reload

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

Our 4510 switch appears to have reloaded randomly twice in the past two weeks. It has caused a major disruption. When I look at a "sho ver" the output displays "last reset from reload".

My question is does this mean someone had to issue a reload command from terminal or console for this to happen or could this be a bug or other issue that is just reading reload as the cause?

Thanks. Will Rate Post.

1 Reply 1

avmabe
Level 3
Level 3

I would set the box up to syslog to see if someone is issuing the reload command. Also get a good handle on how many people have access to this box and if they have individual logins. Setup syslog and snmp traps to be collected.

But as for the reason, I recall seeing a box crash and said it was from reload, even though no one rebooted it. I'll have to look around more but I'm pretty sure you can see that in show ver and it not be a manual issue of "reload".

It couldn't hurt to also run your version of code through on CCO to see if there is a specific but you are running into. I'd also open a TAC case and if you are running older code, upgrade it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card