Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager - SwitchCloud Confusion

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

How are the Switch-Clouds (Topology Services --> Network Views --> LAN Edge View --) formed ?

We have around 20 Sites, which are connected to the central site through MPLS network. There is no L2 connectivity between the sites. Each site has a different IP Addressing Scheme and VTP Domain.

All sites have their own Switch Clouds except for 2 sites, which are bundled in One Switch Cloud. What could be the reason for that ?

Thanks,

Naman

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Switch clouds are formed by interconnected switches separate by routers (the router boundary forms the outline of the cloud). So, if two sites are showing in one cloud, there must be a switch connecting them.

As far as I know, there is No L2 connectivity but I will check again.

Thanks,

Naman

May not have to be L2 connectivity. Check the devices that interconnect to the two site. What are they?

I re-init the DB and ran Data Collection again. The problem went away and all is clean\ok now..!

Don't know what could have happened ?

The two sites are not directly connected but connected to a central site through Frame\MPLS network.

Thanks \\ Naman

Yeah, if there are no CDP neighbor relationships between the two sites, it would be very hard to put them in the same switch cloud. Perhaps there was some relationship at one point that no longer exists.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco