cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure FXO port to hang up

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - We have installed a new door intercom system that plugs directly into an FXO port on one of our gateways (Cisco 2821). I setup the FXO port to forward the calls to a DN (9999). I have setup a 7940 IP phone with a second line of (9999) and setup that line to forward all calls to the other line on the phone. It works great as long as the person sitting at the desk answers the call, if they don't and it goes into voicemail, the intercom does not hang up it just goes to the Unity menu where you could enter in an extension as if to check voice mail. I am just trying to figure out a way for the intercom device (I cannot configure the device itself) that connects directly into the FXO port to disconnect the call after a certain amount of time (say 20 or 30 seconds). I have been looking through some various documentation and cannot seem to find any setting that could be modified to force the call to hang up. If anyone has ever accomplished something similar to what I am trying to accomplish I would appreciate any pointers.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

Maybe you could try setting up a mailbox for 9999 that goes to the Hang up setting rather than getting lost in Unity. Because Unity sees the First redirecting number (9999) when forwarded through on a No Answer of the other number when no one is at the desk this might work.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob - Thank you for the suggestion, I will try creating a mailbox for it and see if I can figure out a way to have it just hang up rather than leaving messages. If I can't figure that out as long as the call ends up hanging up it should work out for us. Even if there is a voice mail box that messages are left at I can just teach the folks in out facilities department how to check the messages.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

You should be able to set up a Standard Subscriber mailbox and then jusy tweak the After Greeting Setting to Goodbye or Hang up;

After Greeting

Indicate the action that Cisco Unity performs after the greeting plays:

Take Message - Cisco Unity records a message from the caller. Click the Take Message link to view the Messages page.

**Say Good-Bye - Cisco Unity plays a brief good-bye, and the call is disconnected. Click the Say Good-Bye link to view the Good-Bye call handler.

Send Caller To - Cisco Unity sends the call to the destination that you select:

Call Handler - Sends the call to the call handler that you select.

Directory Handler - Sends the call to directory assistance.

Greetings Administrator - Sends the call to a conversation for changing call handler greetings over the phone.

**Hang Up - Disconnects the call. Use carefully; unexpected hang-ups can appear rude to callers.

Interview Handler - Sends the call to the interview handler that you select.

Sign-In - Sends the call to the subscriber logon conversation.

Subscriber - Sends the call to the subscriber that you select.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the pointers there Rob. I have created the voice mailbox and will need to test it out (I will try to test it today as long as there are no other fires that crop up). I really appreciate the assistance.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

You are always welcome my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: