Views
Helpful
Replies

After installing CM4.0.9 dmgtd do not start

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed DFM 2.0.9 and reboot.

Then installed cm4.0.7, cm4.0.8 and cm4.0.9. Choosed to start the process only after cm4.0.9. By the cm4.0.9 installation end got error message saying that could not start crmdmgtd.

Tryed reboot and did not started also.

Then started by hand all proccess. Could connect to ciscoworks main page, but can not see the proccess, can not see the license status (license server not running).

Reinstalled cm4.0.9, during this second installation complained of libeay32.dll not present, I let go on and the result was the same: crmdmgtd do not start.

Stoped all services by hand and I am trying again, I am getting the error:

This application has faled to start because LIBEAY32.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem.

Any help is appreciated

Robson

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should have libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll under NMSROOT\bin. Make sure those two files exist, and are readable by casuser.

Note: never start services other than the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service manually. The Daemon Manager is responsible for starting all other daemons. Something else that may help if dmgtd is not starting is to run NMSROOT\setup\support\resetCasuser.exe.

Allthough libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll exist under NMSROOT\bin the cm4.0.9 complains about libeay32.dll. This happened only on the reinstallations, not in the first time.

I am unable to run resetCasuser.exe because I don't have local administration privileges.

I am under the same user account that was used to install dfm2.0.9, cm4.0.7, cm4.0.8 and cm4.0.9. The basic installation was done under other user account. I dont know if there are difference between the account. But the admin person says they have the same priv because they are network accounts.

Any other suggestion? Is there any log I can post to help?

Thanks

Robson

You have to do all installations as a local Administrator. This means you need to install as Administrator, or a user in the Administrators group.

As for dmgtd not starting, you can check the Windows Event log for any hints. You may want to ask the system admin to run resetCasuser.exe, though.

The account I used to make the installation is member of the administrators group, but ist a network account, I logged on the domain not on the server. For the basic installation I was in the console and for the updates installation (dfm209, cm407, cm408 and cm409), I used remote conection (mstc /console). I have already heard that are subtle security permission differences between being on the console and being via a remote terminal connection. Do you think can this be the source of the problem?

Could be. I do a lot of installations using RDP in remote admin mode as a local Administrator, and I have never had a problem. If there is any concern about not having full rights, you should do the installation from a known good source as a known good user.

That being said do you think its better to completely remove LMS and reinstall using a local administrator account and not a network administrator account? Or its wortwhile try resetcasuser running from a local administrator?

It would definitely be safer in the long-run to uninstall, clean up the system, and reinstall as a local Administrator.

I could run the resetCauser with an local Administrator account, dmgtd started but not all process. So for safety I am removing all.

I got problem removing IPM, could not remove the integration with CS. I had to stop dmgtd for the CiscoWorks unistall go ahead.

I am expecting problems to remove CS, as it says it's used by IPM, but IPM removal was already done. How to proceed if the unistall utility refuse to remove CS because of the IPM dependency?

There is a clean_system.exe tool you can get by opening a service request with TAC that will completely remove all traces of LMS from your system. You will then be able to reboot and perform a clean installation.

I have managed to mannualy clean the IPM dependency of CS by removing the IPM package files descriptors on the setup directory of the CS. Then the CS uninstall run OK.

Installing with the local administrator run OK and all software updates are in place. Now I'm making the device updates via web.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: