Views
Helpful
Replies

eap authentication in a wireless enviromen

schannro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

my name is Robert and I have a configuration problem on my C851w router. Wireless connection without eap authentication works well but when a configure eap with a local radius server than the authentication works not well - you will see in the config in that attach.

On the Client site (WIN XP ServicePack2) I write username an password in the authentication popup windows and it looks good but after a few seconds I see a authentication failed. I can see with Wire shark a packet "EAP failure" Packet that a receive from my router. I use 802.1x with PEAP on the default WIN client.

In the radius debug you can see the router tried it more times (see in the attach)

I hope somebody can help me.

P.s. the guest-mode in the ssid is only for the configuration in this ssid

merci

robert

2 Replies 2

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

The local Radius servers only support LEAP and EAP-FAST for 802.1x methods. You will need an external Radius server if you want to do PEAP.

Hello!

thanks for you fast response.

So, I am standing in a corner because my router don't support PEAP and my clients supports only PEAP. A software tool on the client is not the best solution because I have also MACs and a external Radius server is over sized for a private environment.

Do you have a suggestion for me for my 802.1x authentication problem?

thanks

robert

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card