Hi Guys, (Jeff if you are monitoring)
I know this topic has been discussed but I could not find the complete answer from the available posts.
I am working on an opportunity for a 5000 seat VM only solution and would like to know what is the recommended server numbers for a failover Unity solution with redundant AD/GC and Exchange.
From my research I believe I need the following.
2x Unity servers
2x AD/GC servers
2x Exchange servers
1) Is the hardware list sufficient to achieve my requirements.
2) Does the 'shipped' exchange version from Cisco support exchange clustering to achieve the fail over of exchange?
3) Does the 'shipped' windows 2003 version support the exchange clustering guidelines as outlined by MS.
4) Do I need a 'front end server' Iam not running OWA etc..
5) Is there an alternate or recommended way to achieve my requirements?
Cheers, I appreciate any input.