Views
Helpful
Replies

877W DynDNS. Updating correctly but not reachable from WAN

jgimenomateo
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

I recently configured a Cisco 877W and i'm currently trying to make DynDNS work ok, so i can access from my office to my home computer.

The router seems to be updating my ip correctly (if i shutdown and restart my dialer interface, or if i restart the router, my record at dyndns updates and i'm able to ping it from my local LAN).

The problem is that from the outside (my office), if i try to ping my hostname i recieve a "Destination not reachable error". The IP is the correct one, but i've never been able to ping it correctly.

Could yoy please take a look to my running-config (see document attached) and see if i'm missing something?

By the way, in the running config, the updating method is not assigned to the dialer interface, because i want to solve the "not reachable" issue before enabling again.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

Hostnames and Domain Name System (DNS) server names with commas for a cluster command device, member device, or candidate device can cause Network Assistant to behave unexpectedly. You can avoid this instability in the interface by not using commas in hostnames or DNS names. Do not enter commas when also entering multiple DNS names in the IP Configuration tab of the IP Management window in Network Assistant.

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how did you get on, I have got DynDNS all working on a 837 and 877.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: