cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show mac-address multicast count

leonleong
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone knows the mib ID of the following command "show mac-address multicast count"? I am able to run this command on my switch but when i use GetIf to retrieve the value, i am not able to find the value.

4 Replies 4

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The "show mac-address-table multicast vlan" is supported on a layer 2 only switch, but the table it displays will generally be empty.

A host generating lots of multicast traffic will not cause us to add entries to the layer 2 multicast table. We "learn" multicast entries only through IGMP snooping. It is only for unicast traffic that we learn entries by looking at the source addresses of the packets we receive.

Actually I wanted to find out the numberof mac-address used by the multicast traffic. Currently I am able to retrieve the value via the command show mac-address multicast count. But I wanted to use the snmp mibs to retrieve this value instead so that I can plot the graph on the number of mac-address for multicast traffic.

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

I think you should specify after that interface also like this: VLAN 1

Switch# show mac-address-table multicast vlan 1 count

Multicast MAC Entries for vlan 1: 4

Switch#

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Actually I wanted to find out the number of mac-address multicast count via snmp mibs. Was wondering whats' the mib value to retrieve thesnmp mibs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card