cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to UPload c1200-rcvk9w8.tar.123-11JX1.tar

ggladney
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a hard time trying to convert my AP1231 from autonomous. When I use the upgrade tool and external TFTP server I get the error message "Unable to load recovery image". I'm providing the appropriate path and IP address of the external TFTP server and the appropriate IP file for the AP. When I try an use the Upgrade tool TFTP server, it complains that it cannot find the file but the file does exist in the images directory. Can anyone tell me what I doing wrong. The upgrade tool version is 2.05 and the WCS is 4.1 and the AP IOS version is 12.3(7)JA2.

Thanks,

Gary

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

If you see this error during the upgrade:

FAILED Unable to Load the LWAPP Recovery Image on to the AP

When you see this error, complete these steps:

Verify that your TFTP server is properly configured. **Check the time and Date**

If you use the Upgrade Tool embedded TFTP server, a common culprit is personal firewall software, which blocks the incoming TFTP.

Check if you are using the correct image for the upgrade.

The upgrade to lightweight mode requires a special image and does not work with the normal upgrade images.

Have a close read of this doc (especially the section deatailing the Upgrade Tool);

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp169977

Hope this helps!

Rob

owensm
Level 1
Level 1

I encountered this issue before and I out found that the lwapp software through the corporate firewall was getting stripped. I proceed to download the same lwapp update image via cable modem and the problem was gone.

Not sure why this made a difference but on Windows when I use the browse feature to located the LWAPP image I was able to download it but I still cannot get it work with my TFTP server. My TFTP is Solaris 5.8 system. I able to use the TFTP server to download and upload configuration files from all my exisiting switches and routers.

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card