Recommended module sequence for CCNP

Answered Question
Aug 27th, 2007

Is there a recommended sequence for the 4 modules in the CCNP certification track? Can I like take up ONT or ISCW, leaving BSCI/BCMSN to the last? I ask because I don't know if the ONT/ISCW syllabus would require you to have any knowledge from BSCI/BCMSN.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jcarrabine about 9 years 3 months ago

I just finished my CCNP this month. I took a bassakward approach to mine simply because the dates that the Cisco Press books were released conflicted with my study plan. My path was this:

BCMSN

ONT

BSCI

ISCW

I personally recommend

BCMSN

BSCI

ISCW

ONT

There is information learned in BSCI, and BCMSN that is beneficial for the last two tests. Just my thought. Getting BSCI out of the way will be a load off your mind as well. That was by far the toughest test....for me anyway. Good Luck.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
jcarrabine Mon, 08/27/2007 - 10:38

I just finished my CCNP this month. I took a bassakward approach to mine simply because the dates that the Cisco Press books were released conflicted with my study plan. My path was this:

BCMSN

ONT

BSCI

ISCW

I personally recommend

BCMSN

BSCI

ISCW

ONT

There is information learned in BSCI, and BCMSN that is beneficial for the last two tests. Just my thought. Getting BSCI out of the way will be a load off your mind as well. That was by far the toughest test....for me anyway. Good Luck.

a.hajhamad Mon, 08/27/2007 - 21:31

Hi,

Congratulations. I passed switching "642-811" at the old version. and i'm studying now the routing module with version 3.0. Is it the last?

Thanks

Abd Alqader

limseng80 Tue, 08/28/2007 - 04:27

Thanks for the advice, I have decided to go for BCMSN first, get CCDA along the way (since it requires BCMSN & CCNA knowledge) and plow through the rest of the modules.

Actions

This Discussion