cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to log mail subject with the related MID ?

Hi,

I'm currently parsing the mail.text log files on a C300D to track our email sendings. However we are not able to know what was the email subject for a particular MID. It is possible trough a mail filter to log into the mail log file or another logfile, the MID with the related suject like this for example :

Sun Aug 19 21:59:58 2007 Info: MID 272987667 Subject: Bla blabla

Thanks for your help,

Regards

6 Replies 6

As I'm using an old A60 and a new C300D, I was working on the A60 for my tests. I've just seen that the mail log file on C300D provides such information with Subject so my post is now obsolete.

However, As we're using IPMM to inject our emails, I've noticed that the MID xxx Subject xxx line does not appear when the mail is injected with IPMM ... Is it normal ?

Thanks for your help,

Regards

nmenoux,

If you're looking for a striped down version of logs you could switch to the IronPort binary delivery logs and utilize the binary log parsing utility provided on our Support portal. As an alternative to the IronPort Text Mail Logs in case that particular log file happens to be too verbose.

Sincerely,

Jay Bivens
IronPort Systems

bfayne_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I am not familiar with the Mail Merge, but Subject logging is controlled through the logconfig.

If you are using the CLI type this:
logconfig
setup

and one of the prompts will ask if you want to log the Subject header for each message.

If you are using the GUI look for Log subscriptions under the System Administration tab. The "Global Settings" area will have a selection for Subject header logging.

From what I know, this is not possible with merge mail. It will not show up in the logs, even if you use logconfig and say log those headers.

You could argue that this is sort of a defect.

/Mark

You can do it with Mail Merge, if everyone likes I can show the legend for the Delivery Logs.

Anyone?

Sincerely,

Jay Bivens
IronPort Systems

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

I am always interested. Please show me.

Regards Peter.