cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.2(3) SIP Trunk Authentication

opers13
Level 1
Level 1

I have CM 4.2(3) and need to setup a SIP trunk to a voip provider, I have the following info from them:

Username: xxxxx

Pwd: xxxxxx

SIP Registrar: xxxxx

SIP Domain: xxxxxx

but from what I found out SIP trunk in CM 4.2 won't support authentication. So I think I need a gateway.....I would have to create a SIP dial peer on the gateway and forward the traffic from my CM to it via the trunk. The dial peer would handle authentication...

is this correct?

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Totally correct even in Linux releases we dont provide support for SIP trunk auth in CCM

Hi gogasca, then the gateway should be IP-IP gateway? Right?

if yes, why is it so required while what i need is just auth per dial peers?

i guess i'm missing some concepts..please boom some lights on?

thanks

The GW should handle either SIP to H323 or SIP to SIP or those combinations.

The main problem here is that we cannot configure authentication parameters for SIP trunks in CCM itself. this is the main reason why we need to introduce this GW,

In that part we can make GW registers with VoIP provider and send calls to CCM.

great, another quick question.

Does CCM4.2(3) supports SIP endpoints?

Nop you need to upgrade to 5.x or later.

Hi gogasca, just to make sure, u mean that it is needed for the GW to be ip-ip GW, right?

another question,please,

in CCM 5.x/CCM4.x how many trunks can I add to remote clusters,VOIP providers,..? is it limited to a number of trunks or it is a capacity related issue? and if it is so how to calculate trunks load?

thanks for ur help

Currently we don't advertise a maximum number of SIP trunks because the

maximum depends on other factors such as call volume and the number of phones configured. Basically you can add trunks until you run out of system resources, and the system cost of adding a trunk is relatively small, if you have a customer which is deploying hundreds of SIP trunks you may check with your SE to engage BU so your design gets approved and supported.

I think BU is working to update SRND docs and capacity tools.