cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ospf route missing

ldmccalla
Level 1
Level 1

router B sits between Routers A and C and is connected to both via international serial links. As a backup there is a GRE tunnel across the internet between routers A and C. Router A has a private LAN on Area 0 but everything else mentioned here is in Area 3.

Router A's private LAN is visible by all routers however Router C's private LAN is neither visible by routers A nor B.

WHY?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Configuration looks OK. Do you have a static route to 10.5.4.0/24 on Router B? If you do then can you remove the static route and the OSPF route would be installed in the routing table.

If you aren't using static routes can you post the output of 'show ip ospf database router 10.5.4.1' from Router B.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Too few informations.

Let me ask you the following questions.

1) Your heading says "ospf route missing". Is ospf running on all 3 routers?

2) Are the private LANs addresses advertised on router C ?

3) What does your config look like (sh run and sh ip route ) on all 3 routers

other than the static routes i have in place to force all traffic via router B, everything else is attached.

Configuration looks OK. Do you have a static route to 10.5.4.0/24 on Router B? If you do then can you remove the static route and the OSPF route would be installed in the routing table.

If you aren't using static routes can you post the output of 'show ip ospf database router 10.5.4.1' from Router B.

HTH

Sundar

Too few informations.

Let me ask you the following questions.

1) Your heading says "ospf route missing". Is ospf running on all 3 routers?

2) Are the private LANs addresses advertised on router C ?

3) What does your config look like (sh run and sh ip route ) on all 3 routers

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

I think its impossible to really answer this question until you post the configs of all routers involved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: