Helpful
Replies

Unity - CCM Pilot Point to Call Handler

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.1(3)

Unity 4.0(2)

I've created a Pilot Point in the call manager with extension 4444 - calls get to this PP via a translation pattern. The Hunt Group is setup to dial one users line if they are logged into the attendant console. If they're not, I'd like the call routed to Unity where it'll determine what to do with the call based on the time schedule in a Call Handler. So, I created a Device Profile that the second member of the Hunt Group dials, it then transfers all calls to unity. This Profile is extension 4445.

Problem is, when that call goes to Unity from the Device Profile I setup it hits the Call Handler (set as 4445) and goes straight to the greeting. I've set it to "Yes, Ring a subscriber at this extension" and specified a valid extension. It says it's enabled... It just skips the fact that I've set it to dial a subscriber. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

On your 4445 call handler, enable the Alternate Transfer rule and set it to the same place, Ring subscriber at this extension xxxxx. You can leave the greeting blank, unless you want the caller to hear something prior to the transfer. If you prefer to do that instead, here are the steps:

1. On your 4445 call handler, remove the transfer to a subscriber's extension. Let it go to the call handler greeting.

2. On the Greeting page, record the greeting you want. Then select the After greeting section, specify it to go to another call handler that transfers to the subscriber's extension.

Sincerely, Ginger

doesn't really explain WHY it won't work without using the alternate or creating a new CH... but, I created a new CH and works fine now.

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In your original config, you probably had calls hitting the 4445 Call Handler via the Attempt Forward routing rule. This rule is generally intended to take incoming calls forwarded from a subscriber's phone and send them to the Subscriber's greeting. For this to work, the Attempt Forward rule sets a flag that tells the Call Handler to bypass the transfer rule and send the call directly to the greeting. If it didn't do this, you'd end up with a big loop of forwarding a call to Unity then transferring the call back out to the phone where it'd get forwarded back to Unity again.

A more detailed explanation can be found in the "Working around forwarding transfer rule over ride" section of the AudioText Applications document found here:

http://ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm

-Eric