Best CCIE Voice Boot Camp

Unanswered Question
Aug 27th, 2007

I need to know what is the best Voice CCIE boot camps available i searched alot but i cant find a criteria to look for. Or even ranking for the available boot camps

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
pjweppner Tue, 08/28/2007 - 09:04

I am using ipexpert. I have friends that have passed using their workbook/solutions guide including the proctor lab vracks. They offer the boot camp and so does Global Knowledge. GK uses ipexpert so it is basically the same thing.

http://www.ipexpert.com/

Avner Izhar Sat, 09/01/2007 - 19:48

Hi,

Bootcamps are offered by different vendors in different locations (in and out of the US), peek a location which is feasible to you. Aside from that, you should look at the training content and make sure it is suitable to your needs. Beginners might not benefit from an advanced level bootcamp, so it is recommended to find a training that suites your level.

If you can tell some more about yourself, I will try to further assist.

HTH, Avner.

ahnawar Sun, 09/02/2007 - 02:24

I am working for IBm egypt i have been working for 6 years in networking 3 or more of them in voice i have pacced my ccnp,ccvp and the ccie written exam. am trying to find the best bootcamps that realy help me to pass the lab.

Avner Izhar Sun, 09/02/2007 - 09:49

Sounds like you are ready for the advanced boot camp, but I'd recommend that you will puchase and finish a ccie lab workbook befor attending the bootcamp.

Also allow for at least 4 weeks to pass from the bootcamp to your lab date, so you will have enough time to implement the things you learned in the bootcamp.

Providers which offer workbooks and bootcamps are ipexpert and ccbootcamp. Some places would sell other peoples bootcamps.

Do you have visa to the us? those courses are offered in the us so that might be a consideration.

HTH, Avner.

ahnawar Sun, 09/02/2007 - 23:45

I can admit for a visa for the US no problem

but which one do you recommend CCbootcamp or ipexpert

Avner Izhar Mon, 09/03/2007 - 07:21

Well, I work for ccbootcamp as the voice instructor, so I'd let you decide on this.

Look at things like overall products offered, veriaty of authors, activity in support forums (www.voiceie.com) and such.

HTH, Avner.

ahnawar Mon, 09/03/2007 - 21:55

May I ask you how many ppl passed the CCIE lab in the past 3 months from the first time after they have been trained with u. I have heared you are one of the best.

Avner Izhar Mon, 09/03/2007 - 22:39

Hi,

The pass rate of our students is around 33%, give or take 10%.

I Think the avarage student will need 3-5 attempts to pass the voice lab, and those who attend our bootcamp (and come prepared to it), will be in the 2-3 attempts range.

It mostlly depends on the student, but it looks like you have the required background to get the most out of the bootcamp.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with, Avner.

vmalhi Tue, 09/04/2007 - 13:12

Hi,

Your choices in the US come down to CCBootcamp and IPexpert.

I work for IPexpert so obviously I recommend them but as Avner says do your research- look at number of instructors working full-time on a particular product, feedback from others who have attended the class, etc, etc...Also location maybe a factor- IPexpert classes are held either at one of their permanent facilities in San Jose (1 mile from Cisco), Columbus Ohio or on Cisco premises at Richardson, Texas.

I suggest to get the most out of the bootcamp make sure you have gone through a workbook with a fine toothcomb. Don't just rely on reading through them- spend the time actually working through the tasks. There is no substitute for hands-on experience.

It is a tough exam, very few people pass first time (not impossible though) so quite a number of candidates use the first time sitting the lab as part of their learning experience. It can be very nerve-wracking first time!

Whatever you choose, best of luck in your preparation.

addisonccvp Sun, 07/27/2008 - 21:07

When you are selecting a boot camp, few things to note down,

One is the instructor, then the lab equipment and many other things follow.

I am also planing to attend a boot camp for CCIE VOICE Labs, so i did bit of my own research.

Found this superb camp done by Harith ( Quadruple CCIE) Dedicated pods, and only 6 students per class.

www.winnetsystems.co.uk

Harith seems to be the best instructor for CCIE Voice, and i also visited the labs, superb set up.

I also looked in to IPexpert/Internetweorkexpert, but they have many students per class and many students means less attention to one

sachinga.hcl Tue, 08/05/2008 - 10:45

Hi Lawrence,

If you like to go for bootcamp there is a very cheap bootcamp for CCIE in INDIA at very low price as compare to the international market.

Kindly check the following site for your bootcam if you prefer as they give you all facilities to complete from practicl labs to the exams:

http://www.koenig-solutions.com

sachin garg

Actions

This Discussion