Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd SNMP trap - anyone else seen this?

Hi, all!

Just got and implemented a couple of C300s and they're making my life a lot easier than my old Marshal servers, but I'm seeing an odd alert in my SNMP traps that doesn't appear to be getting translated by the MIB, and since my traps generate emails to me unless it's a critical, it's leading to something like 125 emails a night.

Just wondering if anyone had seen this trap before and could tell me A) What the hell it is (I -think- it might be related to definition updates or quarantined messages, but I can't find anything to prove that) and B) If it's not in the MIB, if anyone else wrote a custom MIB entry to cover it so I can get some better reporting.

NodeName=(appliance)
Application=SNMPTraps
Severity=16
Tally=1
MessageText=Virus Outbreak Filters

NodePlatform=other
NodeOperatingSystem=other
MessageNumber=22562b36-5453-71dc-1ce3-0a69c6460000
MessageGroup=ACM
Object=(UNAVAILABLE EVENT PARAMETER $2)
Source=Ironport
TimeCreated=8/27/2007 00:08:15
TimeReceived=8/27/2007 00:08:15
TimeLastReceived=8/27/2007 11:28:19

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

jhi_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The message above should be comming from the traps that we translate into messages

SNMPTraps-IronPort Update failure for (Sophos Antivirus)
SNMPTraps-IronPort Update failure for (Virus Outbreak Filters)
SNMPTraps-IronPort Update failure for (IronPort Anti-Spam)

Where original traps are these below, and meaning should be that attempted update from ironport.com failed.

Generic: 6; Specific: 6; Enterprise: .1.3.6.1.4.1.15497.1.1.2.0.6;
Variables:
[1] private.enterprises.IronPort.AsyncOSAppliances.AsyncOSMail.AsyncOSMailObjects.updateTable.updateEntry.updateServiceName (OctetString): Sophos Antivirus

Variables:
[1] private.enterprises.ironPort.asyncOSAppliances.asyncOSMail.asyncOSMailObjects.updateTable.updateEntry.updateServiceName (OctetString): Virus Outbreak Filters

Variables:
[1] private.enterprises.IronPort.AsyncOSAppliances.AsyncOSMail.AsyncOSMailObjects.updateTable.updateEntry.updateServiceName (OctetString): IronPort Anti-Spam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: