cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting useful complete data from CallManager

madball2005
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, I am enaged in a project that requires migrating IP phones from one CallManager cluster to another. I have not had much luck in determining a process that will allow me to capture ALL of the data I need based on device pool, model, line configuration and associated user info without doing multiple exports and then manually scanning through the data in Excel and merging the info from the multiple querys. The problem is doing a report will allow me to grab all of the devices within the device pool that needs to move to the alternate cluster but it does not include all of the fields I need (voicemail profile for example) or user IDs. The export option only allows me to run a query based on the number of lines per phone, which is useless when there are various line configurations within the device pool, and the export by model type pulls ALL phones on the cluster which is thousands more than I need (not to mention that it usually times out).

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

basically it is possible to gather all the information from your current Telephony System and then transfer it to a new Cluster by doing a BARS backup and then restore the information in the new cluster, just make sure that the version you will install in the

new cluster's server is the same version that you are using now, also BARS version has to be the same as the one that you will use for doing the backup, on the other hand remember that once you have backed up your data and installed on the new server or in the new cluster, you cannot change the DNS name but the ip address

Steps to proceed

First you need to backup the current server using BARS

Then install the same version on the new servers, same name, IP, etc. *

Then restore on the new server

* In order to restore properly, you need to use the same IP address, but then it can be changed if you want to.

BARS makes a backup of the database, directory registers and some other stuff. You can check this link in order to know BARS back up:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008072030b.html#wp43860

Thanks for the response, but that is exactly the opposite of what I need to do. I don't want ALL of the phones transferred to the new cluster, I only want ALL of the data for a particular group of phones within a specific Device Pool. All BAT allows me to do is export all info an ALL phones, or all info on all phones based on model type, or I can choose specific phones within a device pool but the info is limited by line configuration, etc. This has been frustrating for me and I'm suprised that there isn't a simpler method than generating multiple reports and then manually merging data together then BATting the phones in again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: