cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lease line

parveshchahal
Level 1
Level 1

Connecting two remote site with Lease line one side ETH link other V.35. Its a 2MBPS link. Which V.35 router to select. We nned to run ERP softwares simultaneously on 5 machines.

5 Replies 5

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Parvesh,

for ur network as mentioned, Cisco 1800 series with WIC-1T card would be fine.

Note: WIC-1T will have the v.35 interface.

Hi,

I tell u exact is like the provider at one end is having eternet lease line option and one end and other site he is not having ethernet provision so he is providing me on V.35. So for one end he is giving me ehernet modem and for other end he is givin me V.35 mode. Now I have to decide which V.35 interface say router to go with. And after that how to proceed wiyh connectivity because he will only configure ethernet end i need to cofigure the V.35 router end. Please guide me for the same also.

Thanks,

Parvesh Chahal

Hi,

I think you pointed out what the problem is. How to configure a link which has ethernet on end an sync serial interface on the other end. The two are totally different. The sync serial interfaces supports different l2 protocols (ppp, hdlc, fr) than ethernet. Both end must have serial or ethernet identically.

Hope it clears,

Krisztian

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Am I right you are saying that on end of the link is terminated on Ethernet and the other is serial? Both end should be identically serial or ethernet (if there is no other special box). In case of serial the interface is determined by the cable attached as the Cisco serial interfaces are multipurpose interfaces. If V.35 cable attached then operates as V.35 and if X.21 cable used then X.21. The WIC-1T is good choice anyway.

Hope it helps,

Krisztian

Hi,

I tell u exact is like the provider at one end is having eternet lease line option and one end and other site he is not having ethernet provision so he is providing me on V.35. So for one end he is giving me ehernet modem and for other end he is givin me V.35 mode. Now I have to decide which V.35 interface say router to go with. And after that how to proceed wiyh connectivity because he will only configure ethernet end i need to cofigure the V.35 router end. Please guide me for the same also.

Thanks,

Parvesh Chahal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card