Views
Helpful
Replies

WEBVPN Files Access

mj.jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring a remote file access with webvpn in a ASA 8.0(2) with ASDM 6.0(2). I have enabled all File Access Control in my Group Policy and SSO, but i can't access folders. When I introduce cifs://server in file server entry i see the shared folders, but if i try to access any shared folder the following Internet Explorer error occurs:

"Error contacting host".

Does anyone know what is going wrong?

Thanks in advanced and best regards,

8 Replies 8

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

You need to open port for that server LOCAL And REMOTE.. also.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Why? ASA has direct access to the servers and if I put in the fileserver entry only the server (not the folder) I see all shared folders of the server, the error onlu occur when I access to the folders (and i can't see any drop in logs).

Thanks for your answer.

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

IN PORT FORWARDING....

I dont use Port Forwarding. I only want to access folders cifs://server/folder. Do I need to create any access-list?

Thanks in advanced

ideastoaction
Level 1
Level 1

I've got this exact same error/issue with the ASA 8.0(2) with ASDM 6.0(2). Interested to find a resolution and will post if I find one anytime soon.

ideastoaction
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to fix this problem by reloading the ASA. I realized its not a permanent solution but it did start working again. This overall issue could be a bug in the ASA code...

BUG ID is CSCsk29306

ajbougher
Level 1
Level 1

I was receiving this error as well but, only on "hidden" shares. If your situation is the same, then the fix is in the VPN Group Policy.

In ASDM go to Configuration-->Remote Access VPN

Open 'Clientless SSL VPN Access' and got to Group Policies.

Select the Group Policy and click Edit.

Select 'Portal', then under 'File Access Control' set 'Hidden Share Access' to enable.

Don't forget to hit Apply.

Connected sessions are not affected until the next time they login

That should fix the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: