Port Flap

cisconoval
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having C4507 switch. In that I seeing an error saying

Aug 28 13:06:09.787: %C4K_EBM-4-HOSTFLAPPING: Host 00:03:BA:DB:D0:EF in vlan 20

is flapping between port Gi4/30 and port Po30

I have searched in Cisco site and I found no work around. As I am getting this error approx once for a minute can some one please help me to fix this.

Highly appriciated if someone can help asap.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

%C4K_EBM-4-HOSTFLAPPING: Host [mac-addr] in vlan [dec] is flapping between port [char] and

port [char]

Points that the specified host is detected as a source address on multiple ports.

Typically, a host is supposed to be learned on only one port. A spanning tree loop is the

most common cause of this condition. All traffic from the specified host is temporarily

dropped. After 15 seconds, forwarding is reenabled. If the problem persists, the traffic from the problem host continues to be dropped indefinitely.

Recommended Action: Make sure that spanning tree is enabled to prevent spanning tree

loops. If you have spanning tree disabled, make sure that you have no spanning tree loops

in your network.

Regards,

~JG

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the Spanning Tree which is running. Still I am getting the same error.

What is connected on these ports ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: