cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix Issue accessing some domains

blakelycs
Level 1
Level 1

We have a list of 3 domains that we cannot access. We just get "The page cannot be displayed" message. The domains are

metriceng.com

qrinc.com

corgan.com

We are able to resolve DNS just fine. However, if I point the default gateway on my system to our failover firewall (which is a Watchguard Firebox using the same internet connection.) these domains work just fine. Once I point back to the Pix, I cannot access them. We did a packet capture, and it appears that the Pix is reseting the connection and dropping it. The remote server never receives the packets (I confirmed this with the IT admins for those sites.) Is there any reason the Pix would do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

4 Replies 4

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Please checkout on HITS for that domain IP address.

By using sh access-list | i {Domain IP}.

On which interface it drops? Check access-list proper open HTTP and HTTPS both. Because watchguard fireall.. we need to open HTTPS port separately.

Trace using port port no ...

Regards,

Dharmesh

plwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same problem trying to access a different domain. Could be the HTTP service inspection is dropping the packets and causing the RST. You could switch it off and see if it makes a difference.

We found the answer. We have been testing the Riverbed caching appliance. We disabled WCCP on our router and the problem went away. Our network admin said it had something to do with the Riverbed Mobile client, but we are not going to be using it anyway.

Thanks for the responses.

Chris

Speaking of the riverbed mobile product,

When is cisco going to come out with a similar product for WAAS?

http://www.riverbed.com/products/steelhead_mobile/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: