cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switchboard forwarding

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all...have a problem that I was hoping someone could provide an answer for. We are a small medical facility with a switchboard that is occupied until about 8:00PM. At that time they forward incoming calls to the nurses station. Is there a way that calls after 8:00PM (until 6:00 AM) could be forwarded to not only the nurses station but to another location (ER Desk) as well? I set up the Nurses station extension on the ER desk as well but they do not like that as it rings during the day as well. Any thoughts... CCM 5.1.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

There is no built-in functionality for Call Forward All to go to multiple numbers so this is where you have to get a little creative :) Maybe you could install a "new" After Hours DN xxxx on both the Nurses station and the ER desk that is strictly for the Night forward. This number xxxx wouldn't ring during the day but when the switchboard forwards to xxxx after 8:00PM both phones will ring and the call can be answered at either.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rather than adding a new DN to each phone, you could just put the existing ones into a Line Group, and have it forward to that line group after 8pm, and it would then ring on any lines you've placed in the hunt group.

Thank you both - I will look at both these options and see which one works best in our situation. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: