Views
Helpful
Replies

conference BW

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

assume that i have multisites model with centralized CCM cluster, i want to use for conference brigdes only the software resource available on the CCM (IP Voice Media Streaming Service) and initially i don't want to use any HW resources for conferencing, now if a user in a remote site adds lets say one participant from HQ and 2 participants from two different remote sites, so this conference will be on net using SW resource available on CCM, assume g729 codec, my question is that what is the BW for this mixed stream of conferenced call, is it 1 g729 or (3*g729)?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A voice call is a full duplex stream. When you say you are consuming 80k of bandwith you are saying that you have 80k from User A to User B AND 80k from User B to User A.

When you buy WAN link from a provider you ask for X kbps amount of bandwith and usually this mean (exept on asymetric lines such as ADSL) that you got X kbps upstream and XKbps downstream.

For a CCM a single full dublex on G711 consume 80K.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Software conferece bridge only uses G711 codec.

Yes , bandwith on the CCM site hub will be (3xG711). On every site, consumed bandwidth will be (1xG711). If you are using locations, every remote site will reduce it available bandwith in 80k and if you are using locations on the central site, bandwith will be reduced in 240k on the central site.

thanks aalejo for ur helpful answer, so in accordance to BW capacity, the mixed call (conference) that will run on each WAN link to remote site (Hub & Spoke topology) will be only of 80K? right?

yes, thats correct. 80Kb from User to CCM service with user voice and 80Kb from CCM to user with mixed voiced from all users.

excuse me aalejo, i did not get the idea

do u mean 80k in from location perspective or it is actually 80+80=160k will be consumed from WAN link between remote site and HQ for this confernce call? so much!

A voice call is a full duplex stream. When you say you are consuming 80k of bandwith you are saying that you have 80k from User A to User B AND 80k from User B to User A.

When you buy WAN link from a provider you ask for X kbps amount of bandwith and usually this mean (exept on asymetric lines such as ADSL) that you got X kbps upstream and XKbps downstream.

For a CCM a single full dublex on G711 consume 80K.

thanks aalejo for ur helpful post, and here is the 5!

another somehow different question, if i want to use MoH for my multisite topology, and i want just to utilize software resources available on CCM for all sites MoH

my question is if i want to use multicast MoH do i need dsp's resources on the remote site's gateway for MoH to function since as i knew in multicast moh, the music is played locally from remote site's gateway?

or no need for dsp's on gateways, assuming as i mentioned above that i have SW rsource in my CCM in HQ?

thanks