cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Roles/Alerts Generated

outotune2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have a CE 500 switch and I also use 2 Airspan BSR's for my network users... I have roughly 50 users per BSR...

After incorporating the new switch and assigning roles to the ports, I keep getting an alert that says Half Duplex detected or port mismatch...

I have tried setting the speed to 10mb and also tried setting the duplex to half..When I do this, the port quits and no data will pass... It actually blacks out like its disabled... Ive tried every possible scenerio and the only way it works is set to AUTO,AUTO... However the alarm keeps popping up with these settings...

Any ideas how to set this up? As I say they are Wireless Base Stations and not exactly a simple AP... There are no settings in my BSRs to negotiate speeds etc...

Also, as far as the port roles for these BSRs,Ive noticed that only "router" or "AP" will allow them to work thru the CE500... If I set it to "switch role", I can ping my users but they cant surf...

Im not sure that AP role is what I need to assign these ports, but router doesnt seem right either...

My basic network is as follows...

Cisco2800 router plugged into CE500 switch using "router role" on port 1...

Then 2 Airspan BSRs plugged into ports 3 and 4 with "AP role"...Then my personal pc plugged into another port with "desktop" role...

Everything seems to work fine with these settings, however I keep getting the alarm listed above... Its a simple speed mismatch on the BSR ports, but I cant seem to remedy it... Like I said, ive tried setting the port speed to everything possible and every duplex possible... It only seems to work when set to auto/auto...

This may answer my own question but if I set to 10mb/half duplex, would I need a cross cable then? or should it still auto negotiate?

Any ideas on my setup is appreciated...

3 Replies 3

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Can see on flow control settings...

Check by making it AUTO or In different settings..

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

I do not understand what you are asking me to do...

Forgive my not understanding... Im totally new to this CE500...

clive.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Have you used a cross over cable and ensured that speed and duplex are identical at both sides ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: