Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 alert

Hi all,

I have a 911 monitor program that polls our CM v4 and we are moving to CM v5 my problem is that the database is fairly inaccessible in v5.

I read Developing Cisco IP Phone Services in the hope that I could configure a service to listen for the number sequence "start" 9 1 1 "connect" and hit a webserver to handle the alerting.

I could not find how to do this anywhere in my book. Is it not possible to make the phone listen for a key combination and trigger a service or is it just not covered in the book. The book was very good about explaining menus and softkeys but I need the key combo 911 to be my trigger.

Thanks,

~Mike

2 Replies 2

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Using CallManager's JTAPI API, you can start monitoring for 911 calls, and you can find out who has made a call and when. You can also push out a text and/or audio message to a group of phones with the phone display indicating who has called 911. This will be a small custom app that would work on CCM 4/5/6. If I have some free time, may be I should write and post it.

Hello,

I am with Syn-Apps and we have an application that does exactly what you need. The application is called Call-Alert http://www.syn-apps.com/callalert.aspx

I have also attached a quick product overview.

Hope that helps,

Ian