Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy routing and TE

r.gagliano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!,

I have two TE tunnels for the same destination and I would like to send traffic to one or the other based on it ip DSCP field.

?does someone has any link to similar configs?

Regards,

Roque

6 Replies 6

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roque,

You can use Class Based Tunnel Selection to achieve this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00802659b9.html

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do have some extra question.

what if I would like to split traffic between the two tunnels based on the origin/destination IP address? (if we configure the tunnel at the MPLS PE), can I set at an input interface "set next-hop interface tunnel XXX"?

Roque

Roque, If you are planning to test the above policy based TE selection for MPLS VPN;s then you can create additional loopbacks on the remote PE, put a static on the local PE to this remote loopback as reachable through the TE tunnel.

And then modify the incoming BGP VPN update's next hop as this remote loopback, for the VPN;s which you want this policy to be applied. So only the VPN;s where this manipulation is done would take the TE tunnel other would go the normal path.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Swaroop,

Instead of modifying the BGP VPN NH on the ingress PE, you can simply configure a separate NH per VRF on the egress PE using the following command:

ip vrf VRF1

bgp next-hop loopback 1

ip vrf VRF2

bgp next-hop loopback 2

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Roque, as Harold mentioned, it can be done this way as well. Multiple ways of doing the same thing.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Completely agree Swaroop.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: