cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URL for Local NSDB on Cisco Security Manager 3.1

jeffgrams
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded to the Cisco Security Manager 3.1. I am looking for the "local" URL for the NSDB. All I found in the documentation is "In Security Manager, the table in the content area of the IPS Signature policy contains several columns by default, one of which is Signature ID. The Signature ID column contains hyperlinks to the NSDB. Clicking on the link in the ID column will trigger the opening of an external browser window that opens to the entry in MySDN for that signature....If you have access to Cisco.com, then the signature ID is linked to MySDN. If you do not have access to Cisco.com, then the signature ID is linked to the local copy of the NSDB. Security Manager will detect whether or not you have access to Cisco.com and make the appropriate link for you without your having to set a preference."

I found the files located on the server in:

Programfiles\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\vms\ips\nsdb

Thanks for any insite you can provide.

Jeff

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco Network Security Database (NSDB) can be accessed, or invoked, through the user interface of Security Manager.

The NSDB is a database of security information that explains the signatures the IPS uses along with the vulnerabilities on which these signatures are based. The NSDB contains a description for each attack signature that the sensor can detect.

In Security Manager, the table in the content area of the IPS Signature policy contains several columns by default, one of which is Signature ID. The Signature ID column contains hyperlinks to the NSDB. Clicking on the link in the ID column will trigger the opening of an external browser window that opens to the entry in MySDN for that signature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: