cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 4.x trim back recording from disconnect

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.2 on PIMG's with a NEC PBX. There does not seem to be any "trimdisconnectrecord" parameter in the ini file. Is there any registry setting which will do this? The client would like to have the "hangup clunk" before disconnect removed.

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

trimdisconnectrecord was used for voiceboard integrations because Unity had no way of knowing whether a disconnect occurred due to tone signaling or due to positive disconnect supervision (e.g. loop break/reversal). With PIMG, Dialogic provides the disconnect reason in the SIP BYE message. They also provide the duration of the tone detected so Unity knows exactly how much to trim:

Reason:E.182;text="Busy Tone Detected; duration = 2207 ms"

If this duration is zero or not present, then Unity will not perform any tone trimback.

I certainly can see the value in what you are trying to do. I have on my plate for the next Unity release to do some fine tuning in this area (see CSCsd71904) so I'll see about adding some flexibility for this use case also.

-Eric

Thanks for the update.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: