Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying the name instead of the extension

aseychell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CCM 5.1 and would like to set up the phones in a way that the top bar displays the name of the phone user instead of his extension number. I can do this easily on Call Manager Express but I cannot find where to set it up on Call Manager. The only way I could do is to have the top bar with the number and the Line Button with the name, but the line button space to put the name is not very long, and the client would like the name to be on the top bar.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Alex

4 Replies 4

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

Try this:

CCMAdmin --> Device --> Phone

- Select your IP Phone or a test phone

- Get into the Directory Number Configuration (left menu, where the lines are shown)

- Under the Line Settings for this Device you'll find the "Line Text Label" textbox; type in there your name

- Update and reset the phone After the phone finished the reset it should display the name you typed before instead of the small characters that showed your extension.

This will just make the Line text display the name not the Top name on the IP Phone. I want the text on the Top to display the name. The line text is the text which is near the speeddial button.

Did you ever find a solution for this? If so, can you share the solution, please?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi,

Unfotunately I did not find a solution to this and had to use the solution that I described in the post above.

Sorry mate..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: