cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 3.3(5) upgrade to 4.2(3)

bcook
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question regarding an upgrade procedure from 3.3(3) to 3.3(5) then to 4.2(3). The upgrade will be done using a new MCS server.

I was wondering if I could do a BARS restore from the current 3.3(3) server to the new 3.3(3) server, upgrade the new server to 3.3(5) and remove the subscribers from the databse without them being online, and then do the 4.2(3) upgrade?

What I would like to do, is do the upgrade on a stand alone Publisher, and then rebuild the subscribers as a fresh 4.2(3) Subscriber and then add them back into the cluster.

Any sugguestions?

I have read the upgrade procedures so plesae don't post a PDF of the upgrade guide.

Thank you,

Ben

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Ben,

The steps you have mentioned and plan to do sounds like the right way to go ahead with the Process. Only thing you will have to keep in mind is that the new Publisher should be kept in a different StandAlone Network as the server would have the same hostname and IP Address. So the server should be in a Network which cannot access the current CallManager cluster.

Hope this helps

Correct. I plan to build the server off-site completely so that it won't interfear with their current network.

Thanks!

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: