cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS/DID caller id support with H.323 gw

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I noticed a post questioning if it was possible to recieve caller id on a FXS/DID port in DID mode...I have this implemented and do not see caller id..is this a limitation of the card or is it possible?

Thanks,

Joe

6 Replies 6

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Enable the caller-ID, H.323 gw will support.

The [no] caller-id enable command enables or disables the transmission of Caller ID on an FXS port, and enables or disables reception of Caller ID on an FXO port.

Issue the [no] caller-id enable command to enable the Caller ID name for inbound PSTN calls on the FXO port.

You must configure the alerting method when the Caller ID standard, specified by locale through the cptone command, is not Bellcore/Telcordia. If you do not configure the alerting method, the default caller-id alerting ring 1 command is applied. The command that you enter is determined by the Bellcore/Telcordia or ETSI standard that your service provider uses for Caller ID.

Thomas,

Thanks for your reply...I have no issues with the caller-id command on a FXO or FXS card...but when you use the FXS in DID mode the command is not available. I assume this is a limitation of the card. Please let me know your thoughts...

Joe

Joe,

I'm attempting the same implementation- I've run into this once before where the carrier states they do not pass caller-id on analog DIDs. (This was SNET/SBC last year; and now a telco in Northern Pittsburgh). I, too, can not enable/disable caller-id on the sub interface. I'm assuming everything is OK on my end and it is the fact, as stated by telco, that they do not pass the info.

I believe that analog DID trunks never support caller-id. If you want DID and CLID and all the fancies, get ISDN BRI.

gchaotre
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joe,

Caller ID is supported in FXS mode only.

One thing that you can do, is configure the voice port?s station-id name and station-id

number so that the call at least displays something like: ?External call?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186

a00800c67ec.shtml

Joe,

I saw that and was wondering whether that was only pertaining to the two-port VIC as that is what was shown. Thanks for answering my question.

Mike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: