cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 - policy based routing

ctalaski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750G-24-TS running 12.2(25) code and I'm trying to get some policy based routing working.

I have my ACL in place for the IP addresses I want to redirect, as well as the route-map created.

I'm seeing this error when I attempt to apply the "ip policy route-map <match-tag>" to the VLAN interface:

"PLATFORM_PBR","3","UNSUPPORTED_RMAP","Route-map <match-tag> not supported for Policy-Based Routing"

Under the release notes for the version of code I'm running I see this:

Routing

These are the routing limitations:

(Catalyst 3750 or 3560 switches and Cisco EtherSwitch service modules) A route map that has an ACL with a Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) clause cannot be applied to a Layer 3 interface. The switch rejects this configuration and displays a message that the route map is unsupported. There is no workaround. (CSCea52915)

Does this mean that this version of code will not work?

3 Replies 3

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

What is not supported is the use of "dscp" in the ACL that is used as the match clause in the route-map. Can you confirm if your ACLS have DSCP keyword.

If yes then its a hardware limitation and not a software limitation so this will not be supported.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Unfortunately it's a hardware limitation and there's no workaround available. You may be able to deal with this situation by changing the configuration to not use DSCP.

CSCea52915 Bug Details

PBR: ACL with DSCP in route-map does not function

Symptom:

If the user tries to apply a route map which includes ACL matching DSCP

to a L3 interface on the Cat3750, the command will be rejected with an

error message indicating that the route map is unsupported.

Workaround:

This is a hardware limitation. There is no workaround.

HTH

Sundar

thanks for the replies.

here is my route-map:

route-map central permit 10

match ip address 140

set metric 150

set ip next-hop 10.18.64.2

this is the ACL in question:

access-list 140 permit ip 10.18.64.0 0.0.15.255 any

I haven't set any DSCP values.

When I try to apply this command to the Vlan interface, (ip policy route-map central), it doesn't take and those errors show up.

the metric for this route-map falls between my EIGRP tables and the default gateway for the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco