cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 - policy based routing

ctalaski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750G-24-TS running 12.2(25) code and I'm trying to get some policy based routing working.

I have my ACL in place for the IP addresses I want to redirect, as well as the route-map created.

I'm seeing this error when I attempt to apply the "ip policy route-map <match-tag>" to the VLAN interface:

"PLATFORM_PBR","3","UNSUPPORTED_RMAP","Route-map <match-tag> not supported for Policy-Based Routing"

Under the release notes for the version of code I'm running I see this:

Routing

These are the routing limitations:

(Catalyst 3750 or 3560 switches and Cisco EtherSwitch service modules) A route map that has an ACL with a Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) clause cannot be applied to a Layer 3 interface. The switch rejects this configuration and displays a message that the route map is unsupported. There is no workaround. (CSCea52915)

Does this mean that this version of code will not work?

3 Replies 3

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

What is not supported is the use of "dscp" in the ACL that is used as the match clause in the route-map. Can you confirm if your ACLS have DSCP keyword.

If yes then its a hardware limitation and not a software limitation so this will not be supported.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Unfortunately it's a hardware limitation and there's no workaround available. You may be able to deal with this situation by changing the configuration to not use DSCP.

CSCea52915 Bug Details

PBR: ACL with DSCP in route-map does not function

Symptom:

If the user tries to apply a route map which includes ACL matching DSCP

to a L3 interface on the Cat3750, the command will be rejected with an

error message indicating that the route map is unsupported.

Workaround:

This is a hardware limitation. There is no workaround.

HTH

Sundar

thanks for the replies.

here is my route-map:

route-map central permit 10

match ip address 140

set metric 150

set ip next-hop 10.18.64.2

this is the ACL in question:

access-list 140 permit ip 10.18.64.0 0.0.15.255 any

I haven't set any DSCP values.

When I try to apply this command to the Vlan interface, (ip policy route-map central), it doesn't take and those errors show up.

the metric for this route-map falls between my EIGRP tables and the default gateway for the device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card