cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID number only

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - Does anybody know if I can configure Call Manager (4.1.3) to send out only the number for Caller ID? We have a couple of different divisions that are known by different names. I have setup call manager to send out different caller ID numbers depending on which division the person is in but the name still is the same. For example, is somebody from our media division calls out they want the caller ID to display like:

ABCCORP-Sales

555-555-1212

and from the service division they want it to be like:

Service123

555-555-1213

and from sales something like:

unknown name

303-555-1214

I have been looking around in our call manager servers and cannot seem to locate anyplace that that is even defined let alone changeable. We have a different PBX at one of our remote locations and from what I gathered from the telco, they look at the number and their C.O. database and associate the billing name with the number so that leads me to think it happens with the telco but the way I read the documents on call manager it seems that the field could be changed. Even if we can only get it to just display the number without the name would be fine. If anybody has any ideas as to how to either modify or just plain strip the caller ID name (not number) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct if you are in the States. Your service provided controls the caller ID information that is sent out. Ask them if it is possible to update their records to match your needs.

Another option might be to purchase a seperate number with the needed caller ID information and have it added to your trunk group. Then from Cisco you could send all calls from certain groups out the PSTN with that phone number. Make sure the service providers adds the number to your state table or it will probably default to a set number like a billing ID.

Thank you for the information. I have contacted our telco and asked that they remove the name portion from our trunk groups. I had a feeling that they would be the only ones that could do it but it never hurts to ask.