cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAR 4.1, External ODBC DB and eap-ttls, configuration

cpinal
Level 1
Level 1

I?m trying to authenticate users with an external ORACLE data base and implementing eap-ttls to validate users with CAR 4.1 server but I still can?t have a successful request, so I decide to follow the steeps cisco documentation have to implement eap-ttls in CAR 4.1 with local users and the result was the same, I haven?t an successful request again, so at this moment have the doubt I is a problem in my configuration or if CAR really does support eap-ttls, specially with external data bases, does anyone has implemented something similar or know an example that shows if this implementation is possible ???

I really appreciate any suggestion or guide

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

You should check if you have defined a service that defines which method you use to look up user records, e.g. one of local, odbc, domain-auth, ldap, rex or java. For example, check if you already have a service called "local-file" to look up users in the local database. If you have recently upgraed CAR form a lower version then the problem may be due to licence issues and you should renew your licence.

pvelappa
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Access Registrar supports EAP-TTLS with internal as well as external LDAP/ORACLE database.

[In AR4.1, you might get a validation error when you try to configure a odbc or ldap service as the inner method. This is a validation issue with AR CLI and can be worked-around.]

You have mentioned that you could not get TTLS service up using local database as well.

Double check your configuration and make sure that you have updated licenses.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cnsar/4_1/users/eap.htm

AR trace messages captured at level 5 should give a clue as to why authentication is failing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: